FITNESS AND BEYOND – HELP WANTED
EXERCISE SPECIALIST NEEDED!
Fitness & Beyond offers personal training, through one-on-one and small group sessions, to baby boomers, seniors and those with medical conditions. No matter previous fitness experience, we are committed to helping individuals live a healthy life and reach their fitness or weight loss goals. Our private studio offers a clean, intimate environment to work out. We have the most qualified trainers in the area. Our highly educated Exercise Specialists work with members closely to create safe workouts tailored to their goals and abilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and implement fitness and exercise programs consistent with the needs and capabilities of each client
• Instructs clients in the proper use of fitness equipment
• Instructs clients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the exercise program
• Maintains accurate documentation for all clients treated
• Cleans, maintains, identifies and reports the need for repair of equipment as necessary
• Responsible for positive, motivational, consistent communication and interactions with clients
• Responsible for scheduling and communication with clients.
• Responsible for the general upkeep of the facility.
• Associates Degree or Bachelors degree or obtaining degree in one of the following disciplines: Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy Assistant, Personal Training, Biomechanics, Health and Wellness, Geriatric Physical Therapy or related field
• Candidate must possess a current Personal Training Certification through an NCCAA organization such as: ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA, NPTI or equivalent.
• Must possess current CPR/AED certification
• Employees must have liability insurance (will be provided if not insured currently)
• Being reliable and punctual is mandatory
• Reliable transportation is required
• Strong communication skills is critical
• Knowledge of exercise equipment and function
• Knowledge of Anatomy and Biomechanics and how to apply knowledge to clients needs.
• Have a passion to train active aging principals and techniques to an aging population
• 1 Year experience in training or group exercise experience preferred
• 1 year experience in customer service focused business preferred
• Computer skills to include experience in updating and maintaining client databases a plus
• Experience with Fit Pro software a plus
• Marketing background and social media use a plus.
HOURS: Varied, flexible hours. Clients can be scheduled Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m – 7:00 p.m.; Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE CONTACT:
Fitness and Beyond